The South Africa Republic lies to the south of Africa. North of Namibia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe, northwest of Mozambique and Swaziland. To the southwest is the Atlantic Ocean, southeast of the Indian Ocean. South Africa has three capital cities, there are Pretoria, Bloemfontein, and Cape Town. The official languages are English and African. In addition to these languages, also local languages are spoken. South Africa’s currency is Rand. People who go to South Africa, you go safari to explore natural life, visit national parks and participate in cultural activities. Here below we are looking for you 40 interesting facts about The South Africa Republic.
Unknown Facts About South Africa
1.Mammalian fossils found in Karoo region of South Africa. And It is supposed that these fossils constitute nearly 80% of the finding fossils in the world.
2. Silverfishes migrate from the cold waters of Cape Cape in South Africa to the Cape Cape in the north-east and the southern coast of KwaZulu-Natal. And this migration is large enough to be seen from space.
3. Dr. Christian Barnard performed his first successful heart surgery transplant in a hospital in South Africa. This event was the first in the world.
4. Rovos Rail is the world’s most luxurious train. This train travels to discover the beauties of South Africa.
5. More than 2000 shipwrecks are staying on the coast of South Africa.
6. Cape Town is one of the cities with the bluest sky in the world.
7. South Africa has one of the cleanest drinking water resources in the world.
8. Firstly, South Africa gave up nuclear weapons program.
9. The Lost City Palace is the biggest Themed Hotel complex in the world.
10. The Lost City Palace has over 2 million trees in the circled around the artificial forest.
Important Facts About South Africa
11. Seventy percent of flowers in South Africa are not anywhere to be found.
12. South Africa is owner around 90 percent of Platinum.
13. South Africa is owner around 40 percent of Gold.
14. The oldest meteor pit in the world found in South Africa.
15. Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu are from South Africa.
16. Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu received a Nobel prize.
17. The world’s largest diamond (Cullinan diamond (3165 carats)) was found in South Africa.
18. In the caves of the Klasies river in South Africa, the oldest human remains were found.
19. South Africa has the fastest growing tourism industry in the world.
20. South Africa’s biodiversity is very big according to most countries.
21. South Africa has ten percent of the bird species in the world.
22. Three fastest animals in the world are located in South Africa. These are Cheetah, African Antelope, and Leo.
23. The deepest gold mine in the world is South Africa. Its name is Tau Tona.
24. South Africa’s film industry is the second oldest film industry in the world.
25.J.R.R Tolkien, the famous author of the novel The Lord of the Rings is from South Africa.
26. Monkey in South Africa has received the rank of corporal in the First World War.
27. In South Africa has a 6,000-year-old tree and this tree is used as a bar.
Unique Facts About South Africa
28. In South Africa, it is free to install flame sprayers in cars due to protection against car thieves.
29. Cape Town is the second largest city in South Africa. And Cape Town is the city in the world to suffer from water scarcity and completely dehydrated.
30. In the Xhosa tribe living in South Africa, the only way to get into adulthood is to be circumcised.
31. The Republic of South Africa is called the Rainbow Nation because of eleven official languages are used in the country.
32. Nelson Mandela was the first black President of South Africa.
33. The largest land mammal (elephant), the largest bird (ostrich), the tallest animal (giraffe), the largest fish (whale shark), the largest reptile (leatherback turtle), the fastest land mammal ( cheetah) and antelope live together in South Africa.
34. There are exactly three capitals in the Republic of South Africa. Bloemfontein is the capital of the judiciary; Pretoria is the capital of the executive and Cape Town is the capital of legislative in South Africa.
35. The South Africa Republic is the only country to host World Football, Cricket and Rugby World Cup.
36. After Europe, South Africa is the world’s oldest wine producing country.
37. South Africa’s golfers are the most successful in the world.
38. The world’s best whale observation station is in South Africa.
39. Many people living in South Africa are Christians.
40. South Africa has one of the highest rates of HIV in the world.